Full Workforce Arc Flash & Shock Training
Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) eLearning is available for both Electrical and Non-Electrical Workers. The available course options allow any Employer to be compliant by providing effective training that is appropriate for anyone exposed to electrical hazards in their workplace. Employers determine the level of training based on a workers risk of exposure to electrical hazards including arc flash and shock.
ESTS eLearning course delivery platforms:
- Training Website; provides online access to Corporate and Student accounts. Purchase eLearning credits and assign training to your workers. Workers have access to their training from anywhere using an internet connection.
- LMS Courseware; licensed for use on a learning management system (LMS). Employers benefit from having complete control of their training with unlimited internal use behind their own firewall.
- Custom Solutions; anything from custom websites to portable USB flash drives. Customized eLearning content is available for Clients who license our LMS courseware.
Benefits of ESTS eLearning vs. Instructor-led Training:
- Lower Training Costs; cost savings through decreased worker travel and less time spent demobilized in a classroom
- Increased Productivity; control the impact on production by training workers during down times.
- Standardization; ESTS eLearning provides a standardized process and consistency in the delivery of content.
- Real-time Access; Instructor-led training sessions are a burden that requires scheduling to accommodate for the training availability.
- Less Intimidating; ESTS eLearning lets workers learn at their own pace with no distractions or peer pressures.
- Knowledge Retention; The combination of multimedia, rich 2D & 3D graphics and virtual simulations provides an effective learning experience that is repeatable.
ESTS Electrical Worker Canada 2015
ESTS Electrical Worker USA
ESTS Non-Electrical Worker Canada and USA 2015
Over 12,000 workers have successfully completed ESTS eLearning courses since 2011. Our Clients are leaders within their respective industries including ABB, Bantrel, Black & McDonald, Cameco Corporation, City of Edmonton, ConocoPhillips Canada, DeBeers, Husky Energy, Kruger, MEG Energy, Mosaic Potash, NAV Canada, Nexen, NewGold, Plan Group, PotashCorp, Pronghorn Controls, Rio Tinto Diavik Diamond Mines, Shell, Tarpon Energy Services, Techmation Electric & Controls, TransAlta, University of Alberta and Hundreds more.
The ESTS consists of a multi-media based, highly interactive experience comprised of several modules with multiple lessons, knowledge checks and a final assessment. The ESTS uses 3-D “Virtual Electrical Workplace” scenarios and our unique digital electrical classroom as a learning aid to teach concepts. Each module includes a knowledge check that utilizes interactive elements that engage the student in the learning process
With respect to due diligence against Occupational Health & Safety Regulations the ESTS provides electrical hazard specific training related to the hierarchal preventive and protective control measures as an employer and supervisor you need to apply:
- Eliminate the hazard, de-energize is the first choice;
- Substitute with other materials, processes or equipment;
- Reduce the risk by engineering design (e.g. engineering solutions, equipment solutions, "Safety by Design"). Ensure that adequate electrical equipment maintenance is performed and at an acceptable frequency;
- Use safer work systems that increase awareness of potential hazards (e.g. apply safe guards like signage, barriers, etc.);
- Implement administrative controls (e.g. training and procedures); and
- Use Electrical Specific PPE, Tools & Equipment as a last line of defence and ensure it is appropriately used and maintained